May 4-10, 2015
What actions have I done to achieve my long-term goals in the following aspect of my life this week?
- I’m serious in taking my blogging career to the next level. This week, I’ve taken the Blog Every Day Challenge (100 Days Challenge) to test my limit. I want to figure out if blogging every day is impossible for me. I want to coach people in their blogging career and I’m sure I can’t coach anyone if I don’t practice what I preach. I’m doing this challenge to make a point. I want to show to any aspiring blogger that it’s possible to publish something worth reading every day. If I fail to publish something for a day, my counter restarts to 0 again and I pay a dollar for each day I miss. So far, my current penalty is $3.
- Aside from this challenge, I’m also working on improving and resurrecting the websites that I co-own. I believe I’ve successfully resurrected this site. I’ve made some minor customizations for this site. This includes the font, sidebar, conversion optimization, and the focus of this site. I’ve made a lot of introspection about what I really want to accomplish for this blog. I’m happy that I spent hours of planning and brainstorming for this blog. In the future, you’ll notice major changes and articulation in the Adventures of a Freelance Yuppy brand. I hope you’ll all like the slow changes.
- I’m resuming my work on my portfolio website. It’s been in a hiatus for almost a year. The main focus of my portfolio is me. Before, I used to think that I should focus on the team that I have. It’s only recently that I realized to focus on myself alone since the Adventures of a Freelance Yuppy is a personal brand. I can create another website focusing on the small agency that we have instead.
- I’ve also been active in generating new clients. So far, we have two new clients and currently maintaining four. I would like to go beyond my earnings last month so I really need to focus on signing up new clients and improving our marketing channels. Freelancing platforms like Elance and UpWork (formerly oDesk) are still the major channels that send us quality leads. The Parieto Principle states that there’s only 20% of our total focus that truly impacts the results that we have. I believe freelancing platforms are still the number one channel where we can get paying clients. I need to focus on improving our profile on different freelancing platforms.
- I launched a paid Coach.Me plan in blogging. This is the first product that I launched this year. It’s not something that I planned for thus it’s not a comprehensive resource for blogging. However, it can be a good way to connect with me and get some direct support and guidance from me.
Health and Self-Improvement
- I’m training for my MMA amateur debut fight. I’m adjusting to all the intense new routines for my training. From 74 kg., I have to go down 60 kg. This is going to be a lot of work but I’m pretty much sure that I’m ready for the challenge.
- I’m really happy that I’m publishing my first weekly review now. I feel great that I’m able to introspect and articulate how I see things in my life through blogging. I feel that regular life review offers me some level of certainty with my visions and plan of actions. I also like the thought of sharing it with the public. This is a great tool for self improvement and I hope that everybody would try this.
- I’m resuming with the certification training that I postponed due to the hectic sched that I had last month. I’m quite determined to grow my skill sets.
- I celebrated mother’s day with my family. There’s really no place like home. Seeing my family keeps me grounded and focused on what I want to achieve in life. It never felt this good. After the separation of my mom and dad, going home is like a punishment to me. There was just so mush distraught in the air. I’d like to believe that my family is healing the wounds that we used to carry for the longest time.
- I had a great chat with my younger brother and he’s really growing really fast. He’s in his late teen years so there’s a lot of things going for him. I’m not a good brother but I cannot bear the thought of my brother growing up without me. I’m letting him open his doors little by little and I’m seeing a lot of progress in this aspect of our relationship. I feel that he wants to build genuine relationship with me and he has respect for me. It’s something that I also want to reciprocate with him.
What actions do I want to maintain to sustain my progress this week?
- I’ve already set a system that would help me in continuously producing content for my blogs. I just have to stick with the plan and comply to that system.
- I also need to be stricter in my blogging scheds. I have to be firm about blogging at my designated time and schedule.
- I’m going to continue working on my portfolio website. I want that site to be one of my major marketing channels to reach my target clients.
- I also need to work on my accounts on various freelancing platforms since these platforms provide most of our paying clients.
- I’ve been dying to launch a product with an expected earnings of $200 per month. I have to focus on building product and use all the tricks under my sleeves to gain new users.
Health and Self-Improvement
- I’m going to continue doing my regular reviews (daily/weekly/monthly). I feel that it provides me so much clarity in life.
- I’m going to be a little bit picky for my diet. I want to eat smart and lose weight. MMA is not a joke and injuries can be more damaging than expected. Once I enter the cage, I don’t want to regret anything after the fight. I’m also working on exploring new routines to improve my cardio. I asked one of my clients who’s in the fitness industry to help me with the training. Glad he said yes :).
- I’m also focusing on sticking to my new routines and schedules. I believe that by sticking to this routine, I give myself the optimal chance to win my battles. It can be simple habits that I do, but the impact that these simple habits give me is quite significant enough to change the way I perform. I guess the key concept here is to “optimize performance”.
- The only thing that hinders me from taking my training regularly is when I don’t stick to my schedule. I have to engrave in my mind that each element of my schedule has essential rule to the overall success of my career. My key takeaway here is to commit to the long-term vision that I have, focus on what I do, and respect my own time.
- It’s important for me to continuously guide my siblings in their lives. I know how it feels when no one’s there to guide you. I don’t want to hear them asking where I was when they need me the most. I have to continuously nourish the seemingly dying ties that we have. This is why I’m promising myself that I’m not going to work on Sundays to be available for them and just bond with them.
What are the setbacks affecting my goals? What are the aspects of my life I’m having problem with and my plan of action?
I’ve lost two clients last month that paid me well. Not that I did not perform, but it was more like a practical financial move for them to cut their expenses. It happens a lot in freelancing so it’s important that you have side projects to diversify your income stream. I need create more baskets that would grow more money.
What are the things that I want to achieve this (coming) week that will make me feel happy and fulfilled?
One, I want to perfect my ideal routine and schedule.
Two, I want to see some progress in developing my portfolio website.
Three, Improve my freelancing accounts on different platoforms
Four, have some time again with my family.
What’s my extra mile for this week?
Nothing much. I don’t feel that I’ve done enough this week.
What I’m grateful for this week?
I’m grateful that God has given us two new clients. That my mom is alive, happy, and well. That my family is getting back on its fit. That I have this new level of energy and motivation to keep going. I thank God for not letting us down.
What could I have done better?
I should have endured the sleepiness to finish all the things that I have to do.
I should have thought of the reasons why I do things every time I felt giving up this week.
I should have fought harder this week.
THIS WHAT I’M GOING TO DO THIS COMING WEEK.
[su_note note_color=”#66ffe3″ radius=”6″]How about you? How was your week?[/su_note]
Latest posts by Monnel Espiritu (see all)
- Don’t pray for easy. Solomon Did Not. - September 9, 2017
- Hey, I’m back! Short Talk Why I Failed - August 3, 2016
- Weekly Life Review 3: Motivate Moderately - May 26, 2015
- What I learned From Not Giving My 100% in What I Do - May 20, 2015
- What if we can be frictionless? Self Optimization, Friction, and Mechanical Efficiency - May 19, 2015