Well, that’s me trying to be funny here ;) I would really like to thank the 300+ (new and old visitors) unsung names and faceless men and women who visit my blog monthly! Thank you. [Tweet “I would really like to thank the 300+ (new and old visitors) unsung names and faceless men and women who visit my blog monthly! “]
After a year of not updating this blog and just starting again in March, I’m getting some positive numbers from Google Analytics. I’m not sure what I’m doing right but I’m getting 300+ unique monthly users for this blog. So what I want to know now is how I can better serve you through this blog. This is the only way I know to pay you back for the support and time that you spend here.
Improvement to the Blog
I’ve been brainstorming on the things I can do to improve this blog this week. It’s totally mind racking not to have a clear-cut plan on where you want to take your blog. I already have definite goals to pursue but I don’t have a detailed plan of action to take this blog to the next level. I’ve listed down some ideas below and I hope the 300+ unique monthly users of this blog can contribute in the comment section.
I’m aware that the design of this website sucks and lacks creativity. This is just a template that I bought from StudioPress and I never tried to aesthetically and technically improve it. I’m not coder but I’m quite confident that a few tutorial and videos would be enough to achieve the result that I want. I’m planning to do some experiment and improve the most essential parts of this site:
- Home Page – I find the homepage dull and lack some action. I cannot find the personality of the blog from it. I mean there’s no love-at-first-sight effect and it totally boring. The home page is a priority that I have to work on slowly but surely.
- About page – Aside from the fact that it’s not aesthetically pleasing to the eye, it’s pretty obvious that it’s not created by a pro. I don’t also see the story of the site from that page. An About page is an integral part of the identity and brand of any website. I believe I failed miserably to showcase what this website is all about.
Focus and Context
I feel that this blog discusses very wide topics that affect the branding side of the site. I’ve been trying to discuss so many ideas without providing real quality resources. I find that I only produce superficial articles just for the sake of blogging. It would have been ok to discuss different concepts but I failed to contextualize these concepts and relate it to the “Live, Love and Work Freelance” idea. The site name is very irrelevant from the topics I publish. I could have improved the context of the topics I write about, relate it to the idea of being a freelancer, and connect it to my lifestyle.
How You can Help
This blog came to existence because I want to share what I do in life aside from freelancing and entrepreneurship. This blog also help me in articulating my commitment in improving myself. Having readers like you and delivering value are just bonuses to me. Of course, I value your presence and continuous support and I would really love to know how I could be of service to you. So go ahead comment the things you would like to read and improvements you would like to see on this blog. I’m all ears.
You can also contact me here:
Latest posts by Monnel Espiritu (see all)
- Solomon's One Trick in Becoming One of the Greatest Kings - September 9, 2017
- It's ok to fail from time to time but still get up and blog - August 3, 2016
- Weekly Life Review 3: Motivate Moderately - May 26, 2015
- What I learned From Not Giving My 100% in What I Do - May 20, 2015
- What if we can be frictionless? Self Optimization, Friction, and Mechanical Efficiency - May 19, 2015