I’m testing a lifehack that helps me in waking up on time. So far, I’ve had great success with it so I think it’s about time to share it with you. I don’t have the data on this but I do keep check in on Coach.Me every time I wake up on time.
I’ve read some similar lifehacks on the web but I tweaked some details to make it more effective. So here it is:
- First thing to do is to determine the best length of nap for you. Use a stopwatch (a phone app would do) to record the best length of nap that you have for a week. That should be anywhere between 7-90 minutes.
- After a week, now that you know the best length of nap for you, we will use that data to set two alarms.
- First, create an alarm using the data you gathered about your best nap. You have to set an alarm that would wake you up x minutes earlier than your desired wake-up time. Say the optimum length of nap for you is 45 minutes and you want to get up at 6 am in the morning, you have to set an alarm at 5:15 am.
- The second alarm that you have to set is your target wake-up time.
- You also need a glass of water near your bed. Place it where you can easily grab and drink it.
- Now that you have the alarms set, you just have to rely on the system. Once you heard the first alarm, grab the glass of water and drink it all. Then, you can go back to bed to take a nap.
- The nap will accommodate all the laziness in your body. You don’t have to be guilty taking a nap. Besides, the nap will give you enough energy to recoup the sleep that you need. The glass of water will also help you to urinate. Once you’re up to urinate, don’t go back to bed and start your day.
Simple isn’t it? :) I’m still going to test this lifehack further and share my results with you.